Austin · Full Time
Work closely with the founding team, growth leadership, and Customer Success to share our product with the world and create raving fans from our users.
QuotaPath is looking for an experienced and passionate Account Executive to join our team. As an Account Executive, you’ll work closely with the founding team, growth leadership, and Customer Success to share our product with the world and create raving fans from our users. Our Go-To-Market approach always begins with the end-user and we view revenue as a byproduct of happy customers.
As a Product-Led organization, we aim for top-notch product experiences and unparalleled time to value. Bottom-up adoption is vital to our success which makes this different from a typical software sales role. Instead of a traditional cold call, demo, close, handoff process, ideally you’ll enhance the user experience by guiding them through the buying process before, during, and after they become paying customers. However, we’re a growing startup so some cold outbounding will, of course, be needed.
Most of the people you’ll be selling to will sit within the sales organization (sales reps, managers, VPs, operations) but each user will need QuotaPath to solve a different pain. Sales reps need to calculate their commissions. Sales managers need to motivate their reps. VPs need to provide transparency in pay. Finance and Revenue Operations need to pay commissions painlessly. Understanding and empathizing with these various personas and their pain points will be key to this role’s success.
- Be the first point of contact with incoming users and maintain the relationship throughout their journey, whether or not they become a paying customer
- Identify and understand users’ pain points and educate them on how QuotaPath can solve their problems
- Identifying champions and buyers — known as Product Qualified Leads (PQLs) — early and leading them to use premium functionality
- Selling into sales. A key to QuotaPath’s success is getting sales leaders to onboard their teams, so an in-depth knowledge of the way sales organizations work is required.
- Taking time to understand technical CRM (HubSpot and Salesforce) setups and complex commission plans inside and out
- Expanding business within existing accounts by activating additional users and selling into additional departments
- Fostering new relationships through outbound efforts as needed
- Conducting customer business reviews with an emphasis on customer happiness
- Collaborating with the customer success team to ensure all clients are properly utilizing QuotaPath, before and after becoming paid users
- Providing continuous feedback to the Product team to help guide the product roadmap based on observations from customer interactions
- Hitting your quota! What kind of commission tracking tool would we be if we didn’t mention it.
- Most importantly: you’re a top performer and you have the track record to prove it
- Dedication to service and customer experience
- 2+ years of outbound sales experience
- Account management experience a plus
- Sales management experience a plus
- Customer Success experience a plus
- Freemium/PLG experience a plus (ie. converting free users to paid)
- Highly analytical and data-driven
This position is integral to our success and as an early employee at a fast-growing startup, you’ll have an opportunity to not only provide quantifiable monetary value to the organization but also to help shape the direction of the revenue organization moving forward.
We’re building an organization that is empathetic, fair, and inclusive. Given our ambitious plans for growth, we want people to apply who can learn quickly, adapt to changing circumstances, and who have a passion for doing great work with incredible people.
About the location
Our team is co-headquartered in Philadelphia, PA and Austin, TX. Due to the ongoing pandemic, our team is entirely remote but the intention is to have an in-office team in Austin, so living in (or being willing to move to) Austin is required.
What’s in it for you?
On-target earnings for this role is currently $100,000 per year with significant upside in the months and years to come. We’re a relatively flat organization, and we’re building a company on transparency, collaboration, and trust. This is a full-time, competitively paid position with generous equity. We care about the health and well-being of our team members.
We pay 100% of employee premiums, have unlimited PTO, and offer half-day Fridays year-round. If you are driven by the ability to make a huge impact and want to put your passion for selling an amazing product, we’d love to hear from you.
At QuotaPath, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a more capable, innovative, and competitive company. We welcome people who represent diversity in their backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. QuotaPath is an equal opportunity employer, aiming to reach our company’s full potential by cultivating an inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.